Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Texture Tuesday : Ghost Cranes



There's a field north of Appleton, WI, that is usually flooded.  There's always an old FarmAll tractor there sitting on high ground keeping watch over the field.  This spring, I actually stopped to take a picture.  The field was all ice ...  I saw a pair of Sand Hill Cranes stop there to rest.  They flew away before I could whip out the camera.  But it stays in my memory, and through the magic of PhotoShop, I was able to recreate the scene--sort of.

Here's the recipe :
Layer 1 : Background image, desaturated with Picassa's Infrared Filter
Layer 2 : 2LO Junkyard 28 Texture ; Soft Light 100% opacity
         with Crane Brushes by Aikensha
Layer 3 : Kim Klassen's Wonderful Magic Texture ; Soft Light  26%
Layer 4 : 2LO Junkyard2 26 Texture ; Soft Light 40%
        Some texture brushed off the tractor
Layer 5 : 2LO 3(5) Artist Texture ; Multiply 17%
Layer 6 : Color Fill Frame a la Kim Klassen
Layer 7 : Add Glow with Picassa










Here's the original photo I started with.

Sharing with  The Texture Artists FaceBook Group and Kim Klassen's Texture Tuesday.

“Texture



3 comments:

Roxi H said...

Fabulous edit. I love how you included the birds. Old tractors are favorites to me. Part of my heritage.

Beverly said...

That is a really great tractor! The shadows look like you captured them right in the shot - well done! Beautiful work, Michele!

Pat said...

Lovely work. I like the concept.