Sunday, March 04, 2018

Bokeh - Let's Do 52 - Week 9

Bokeh

I used my Big-Girl camera (Canon EOS Rebel T3i) for this one, with the 50 mm lens.

Looks like the meta-data is off though.  I definitely shot this yesterday through the kitchen window, but the meta-data says March 17, 2017.  Hmmmh ...  I take such long breaks from using this camera because it's heavy, or the battery is perpetually dead--perhaps time stopped for it?

Once again, I am participating in Denise Love's 2018 "Let's Do 52 : 52 Weeks of Photo Prompts" to kick start the lull in my photography.   If you'd like to join us, find out more at the link above.  The more the merrier!

3 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Bokeh - I've never run across that before so you have forced me to enlighten myself. Ah - the blurred effect you captured in this gorgeous photo. I love it and have often wished I knew how to get that look in my own photos. Well, I've actually quickly scanned a few articles regarding it but have never really worked with my own camera doing what they suggest to do. Just too hard sometimes to figure out manual settings on these digital cameras. Anyway, Love that shot!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Looking at it some more, I'd like to add that part of what makes this so compelling is your framing, putting the in focus part in the lower right. Is that in fact how you took the shot or did you crop to place it there? I seldom think to compose a shot off-center at all, and maybe only see the advantage of that once the photo is on the screen and I can play with cropping.

Michele Matucheski said...

Sheila--
2 things : I did frame it to leave room for the bokeh to bloom in the upper left side. But I also cropped off the window frame on the right side.

I couldn't really get good bokeh on my point-and-shoot camera. My old one had a nice Portrait setting that would blur the backgrounds nicely, but this one doesn't do that easily -- and for the life-of-me, I can't remember how to dig in and set it manually. It's easier to get the big camera out and use the lens that's build for that!
--Michele