Wednesday, March 07, 2018

Polar Bear Under Northern Lights

Polar Bear Under Northern Lights

This wall quilt is finished!  I'm very happy with the way it turned out.  Northern lights and all!
Quite a departure from the original pattern, and even the kit I purchased from Going to Pieces Quilt Shop in Appleton, WI.


I used velvet for the background -- something most quilters would never do.  But hey-- it had the shimmery, northern lights effect I was shooting for, so I made it work.  It's not like a wall-hanging gets washed like a regular bed quilt.

Detail of the border stitching.

You can see the other posts about it in progress here :

Progress on the Polar Bear - November 25, 2017
Polar Bear in Progress - April 30, 2017

I actually finished it on New Year's Day, but just realized I had not posted the final pics.

2 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

It's inspiring to see you working on and FINISHING these older projects. I have a few of my own that you are reminding me of, and the urge to get them out is increasing. Dang though that I commit to other things like my local exhibits and aren't disciplined enough yet to spend more time in the studio thus allowing me to work on both ufo's and my art quilts. I keep chipping away at it though and seeing your progress sure helps.

Anonymous said...

Wow Beautiful Such talent:)
--Joann Drake