Sunday, March 18, 2018

Cathedral Window Preview


 Cathedral Window stencil.  Rose Window by The Creative Iron. [Sorry-- It doesn't appear to be available for sale anymore.  This has been in my mom's stash for probably 10 years.] 



My mom had this cutout applique stencil with fusible already on it.  This saves so much time and effort cutting out all those little bits and pieces!   Been there; done that!

 
 This shows it fused and held up to a sunny window to emphasize the light through the colors.  
You never get this light effect after it's layered and quilted. 
 




Since I did those table toppers for family in France last year, I didn't have one to keep.  Ma let me have this, and I finally picked out a backing fabric for it :


This explosion of color is what it was BEFORE the black cathedral window stencil.  Really tames it down nicely, with color right where you need it!


Here it is in full, on the design wall.   At this point, it is only fused on.  I may decide to work on stitching / quilting it at Quilt Camp in a few weeks.  Or it may take longer to finish ...  It looked so neat, I wanted to share here.

2 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

I see robed figures in that outer ring of rectangles with the arc on top, really brought out by that fabulous fabric. Maybe you should forego the quilting on this one and stretch it over a frame so you could either rig a light source behind it or hang it in a window.

Michele Matucheski said...

That is an excellent though, Sheila!