Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Breaking Wilton's Violet with a Simple Dip Dye on the Stove


I realized I had not tried this technique on a simple plain white skein of yarn.
When I tried it earlier, it was on the marled wool. 

I used the usual 1/2 tsp Wilton's violet gel icing color in a pot of simmering water.


Here it is in the rinse water.  So many lovely colors from the 1 dye : Wilton's Violet.


In Rebecca's Video at Dye Pot Weekly, she manages to avoid the magenta segment -- I'm not quite she how she did that. When I see that pink strike, my heart beats a little faster with more than a little ick.  But I know enough to stay with it, and that the pinks will continue to develop and not be in the final product.



For reference, here is Rebecca at ChemKnit's video from Dye Pot Weekly :

No comments: