Saturday, April 27, 2019

Photos in Context : Skye Water Pitcher

Skye Water Pitcher

I worked it up in Topaz Impression to give it a painterly still-life Old Masters feel.  The light was just right!

Here's the original. The light was just right ...

I don't think I've posted this one before ...  A few years ago (2016?) on one of the trips to Scotland, we stopped at Ella's Cafe in Uig on the Isle of Skye for lunch.  They were playing a wonderful soundtrack of old American jazz--absolutely something I would not have expected in Scotland!  John Kraniak WORT Entertainment-style music.  Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah Vaughn, Billie Holiday ...  I loved it!  The guy who ran it had been in IT, a programmer maybe, but what he really loved was that genre of music.  I think he was surprised that  a "youngster like me"  knew those songs, or would even ask about it. 



I remember, I had soup for lunch with a hardy side of warm bread, and a delicious cuppa tea which is always fortifying in from the Scottish rain and weather.   Earlier in the day, we'd been up to see the magnificent Quariang -- moody and magnificent, as ever in the weather. 

In the restroom at Ella's, I spied this pitcher and basic set.  And I could not resist snapping a picture.

Outside was this classic old car. 
Inside, half the shop was a strange mix of consignment, craft, antique and and thrift store.  You didn't know what you'd find down the next aisle.


I would love to go back and see what's new!

1 comment:

The Idaho Beauty said...

What lovely memories. And you did that bowl and pitcher proud with your rendition.