Sunday, April 28, 2019

Sneak Peak at the Morningstar Applique Blocks


I am beginning to echo stitch around the appliques on the Morningstar quilt.  It's not hard, just take a little time and some maneuvering the bulk of the quilt.   I have more corner block to go.  Then I have to figure out how I will fill in the rest of the "empty" space on those black and applique blocks.

I'm thinking maybe 1 more echo and then onto swirls and whatever I can fit into the spaces ...  That is something I should practice on the iPad, first ...

I am using a variegated blue thread to do the outlining.  I shows up nicely on the black, but doesn't detract from the bright applique flowers and vines. 

I finished up the quilting on the giant center star a few weeks ago.  It's hard to photograph, or you'd see it here ...  After that, I stitched the edges of the black border squares to hold them in place while I did the free-motion quilting around the applique flowers and vines. 

Next step was to decide what color threads to use on that black background.  Maroon?  Blue?  Something completely different?


No comments: