Thursday, August 22, 2019

Stained Glass Quilt Top is Done

 Stained Glass Quilt Top

Finished up this "stained glass" quilt top last weekend.  It was made from a jelly roll of 2-1/2 inch strips, along with the black sashing.  It came together quickly and easily -- when I finally gave it the time it deserved.   I think I've been calling it "Tossed Coins" in previous posts.



It always reminded me of the big stained glass windows in those old stone churches in France.
I guess it also looks like some of the more modern stained glass I've seen here in the us -- more like mosaics with thick dark borders, allowing the color and light through.  


The Pattern: Fuzzy Logic from this booklet.

It is definite Color Therapy to sit next to it, and letting the colors and light seep into me. 
We all have our ways of coping ...

I'll probably sandwich with backing and batting at Quilt Camp in October of this year, because I'll have the flat space on the tables to spread out and work on it. 

I like this pattern so much, I think I might go ahead and start sewing strips for another one in a different color way.  Perhaps those Copper Canyon strips I bought a while back, and can't remember what pattern I had in mind for them ...

2 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Yeah! I must get piecing again, using up my stash on patterns like this. Love your inspirational stained glass window pic. And yes, I've been doing this long enough that I'm beginning to run across fabric that I know I had something in mind for but can't remember what!

Anonymous said...


This is beautiful Michele! You are an inspiration to get at some of my own projects. Just haven't had a lot of motivation....Deb K.