Tuesday, February 09, 2021

Farmer's Wife Blocks - 33 Farmer's Puzzle - 65 Peaceful Hours - 110 Wood Lily


Block 65 - Peaceful Hours
This might be my favorite block from the whole project so far.  It's nicely balanced between light dark and green.   This one reminds me of the earth with the oceans and clouds.    Or a book my kid had when he was small, about when Big Mama made The World. 
 
 

 Paper piecing this week.  I did pretty well on judging how big to cut the fabric with this one.
 

Block 110 - Wood Lily

Hmmh--  Paper piecing on this one.  You can tell by all the extra fill-in piecing in the blue blocks that I royally misjudged how much fabric to cut for each section.    Looking at it now, it feels like there's too much blue, which makes it too dark overall.  I considered re-doing it and making the blue triangles closest to the center a different and lighter color like purple.  But this block took too long to do, and I'm not willing to start over, or tear it down just to replace those 4 triangles.  I'm just going to live with it and be done.

There was an option to strip piece the chevron sections -- which is what I did.  That worked out pretty well. 

 

 Block 33 - Farmer's Puzzle

Looks like a leggy spider, crazy legs rolling along in some horror movie, or just a nasty symbol.

Either way, it's this week's fu-bugly block. 

 

Tutorials from Handmade Karma for Week 21.

See Handmade Karma's full set of Farmer's Wife blocks and tutorials.

No comments: