Thursday, February 04, 2021

Quick and Easy Wrist Warmers / Fingerless Mitts in 60 Seconds Flat!


Take a gander at my brand new fingerless mitts / wrist warmers.

 

 

They were upcycled from a really nice pair of wool socks that had gone through the wash a few too many times, and were now too small for my feet.   Too nice to give them away or toss them, I devised a brilliant plan. 


See-- They really did start out as socks that morning.  Just a few simple modifications:

1) Cut off the toes.

2) Cut a little slit in the heels for a thumb.

3) Roll the cuffs for wrists.

4) Roll the toes back over your fingers.

I'm not worried about finishing the edges to prevent them from unraveling.  These socks are sufficiently felted to stabilize any raw edges.


The heel works out remarkably well for the thumb slits.   Strategically placed.

In fact, I am amazed at how well this little experiment worked!

It took all of a minute to transform them from socks to mitts.

We are expecting below-zero temps this weekend with frigid wind chills.  If you find yourself wishing for your own woolen hand warmers, give this little experiment a try.

Stay warm!

Somewhere in the back of my mind, I remembered a friend doing something similar a few years ago ...  So Thank you, Samara!  It worked beautifully!


No comments: