Tuesday, October 11, 2022

The Nature of Light Exhibit at The Paine Art Center


This fall, The Paine Art Center & Gardens in Oshkosh is running an amazing show called The Nature of Light.  My family went to see it last week.  We spent about 2-1/2 hours there mesmerized by the play of light and shadow after dark, wandering around the house and gardens.   If you are in the area, I highly recommend this show!

I took more than 80 pictures there.  The slide show video above runs through about half of them.  ENJOY!


My favorite part of the whole thing was in the gardens where thousands of little sparkle lights dance among the leaves-- like so m any lightning bugs, or fairy lights.  The video above is just 30 seconds.  Imagine it entirely surrounding you -- as if you're in a sea of these sparkles.  

You see those lights at Christmas time, pointed at people's house, but they just make the house look like it has measles.  This was a completely different effect -- It made the space come a live, like magic was happening, like you were in a sea of fairy dust, just waiting for the fairies to appear.  It felt like another world!

It totally makes me want to go out and get one of those sparkle lights and aim it at the black locust in my back yard -- while she still has leaves this season!

 


 Well Done, Paine Art Center & Gardens!

I look forward to the next show that captures my imagination!

 

 

No comments: