Sunday, October 09, 2022

Sweet Little Pumpkin #1

 

At Quilt Camp this past weekend, I made this sweet little pumpkin, using a pattern and some leafy fabrics from my mom's stash, and some orange scraps from my own stash.   I can even tell you that some of the oranges came from this quilt and this one.  

I added an extra layer of batting underneath the applique to help it pop up out of the background.  Adding an echo stitch about 1/4 inch away from it also helps make it pop up.

 


Here is a detail shot of the leaves.

I took the time to secure the edges of the appliques with a satin stitch, just to get the practice, and prove I can still do it. ;-)

Detail of the vine and pumpkin slices.  The center bit is set up kind of like a crazy quilt block.

 

 

If you think it looks familiar, it is ...  My mom used this pattern and made her own version, which I previously posted here on Sweet Leaf Notebook.   The binding fabric was tucked in with the pattern.   If you look closely, you'll see it's the same on both mine and my mom's pumpkin. How's that for continuity?  ;-)


 

This is the pattern, in case you want to look it up yourself.

1 comment:

The Idaho Beauty said...

I just love that you continue to "quilt with your mother" even though she is only around in spirit. Sweet indeed.