Sunday, December 23, 2012

Happy Winter Solstice


After the storm this week, we had a wonderful bright and crisp, clear winter day where the sky was the perfect Winter blue.  This is the pine tree out the our kitchen window.  I managed to catch the sun peeking through the branches laden with snow.

When I was a kid, I used to love checking out a certain LP record (vinyl for you young whipper-snappers) from the local public library.  It was called something like "All the Music of Russia."  The album is long gone.  I haven't been able to find it since.  The cover art was a pine tree laden with snow, sun shining with a bright blue sky ...  I know I've seen days like that living in Northern climes, but I don't think I've ever taken a picture of it myself--until now!

Happy Winter Solstice, Everyone.  Thanks for stopping by my corner of the web. 

1 comment:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Happy Holidays from equally snowy Idaho! I picked up some cranberries today and yes, they were from Wisconsin. Will savor them in the Christmas morning muffins.