Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Farmer's Wife Blocks - 73 Rainbow Flowers - 76 Sawtooth - 84 Spool

  • Block 84 - Spool
Just felt like it needed a red center amid all that blue.  Maybe I'm looking ahead to the Train Signal block next week? 


  • Block 76 - Sawtooth
I made this one with leftover half-square triangles  cut down to 1-1/2-inch squares from other blocks in this quilt.  I didn't have to make any of them this time.   No paper piecing either.   
 
 
 
  • Block 73 - Rainbow Flowers
Using up nearly the last bit of that lovely leafy green fabric.  I had a darker patch of leafy blue in the blue layer, but that wound up feeling too much the same, so I swapped it out for a lighter blue batik.  I think this works out very nicely -- It "lifts" the whole block. 

Tutorials from Handmade Karma for Week 37

See Handmade Karma's full set of Farmer's Wife blocks and tutorials.

 

No comments: