Sunday, January 16, 2011

New Techniques Binder



I made up a new Techniques Binder. My old journal for this purpose is plum FULL of stuff. It's difficult to find any empty pages if I want to add anything new. Also difficult to find anything in it, because new stuff was added where there was an open page.

This time, I decided to use a binder with pocket pages. This way, I can include copied/printed pages from an eclectic assortment of books and blogs and websites and listserves : All sorts of surface design techniques I want to try. I'm hoping this approach will make it easier to keep organized. (All the rust-dyeing stuff in one section.) And easier to give credit where it's due ...

The pieces on the cover is painted and salted lutradur. I learned this technique in an online class taught by the ladies at Fibre in Form.

No comments: