Sunday, January 16, 2011

Red Curry and Spice Quilt - Work in Progress


These are the Red Spice blocks I pieced up last fall at Quilt Camp.


This was a fat-quarter set from Hancocks of Paducah, called Red Spice Batiks. I love the way these turned out! Good enough to eat!

The pattern is Annie Unrein's Wicked Easy Quilt, which no longer seems to be available on Annie's website. I did find a copy of it at this Project Linus website. It's similar to Yellow Brick Road or Turning 20, or Sweet 16. It comes together fast, and it mixes up the different fat quarters to make it look unified but scrappy.

These will stay on the design wall until I decide on final placement of the blocks. Not a bad layout .. but I'll let it sit here a while to see if anything pops out as being out of place. Once I decide on placement, the next step is to square them up and stitch them together.

Sorry for the less than optimum camera angle. My sewing room is so small and packed with stuff that's it's difficult to get enough distance to these straight on.

No comments: