Sunday, October 09, 2011

Dispatches from Quilt Camp - Lake Lucerne 2011


I started out Friday evening working on this little "October Star" fabric post card as a warm-up for this thread sketch.

Read more about the October Star fabric postcard.
Read more about The Elephant Reunion.



On Saturday, I worked on quilting the Tea Leaves quilt. Remember this one?




This is the basic motif I put on each leaf. My original idea needed some modification to make it work as a continuous line from one block to the next. When I figured that out, things moved right along!


Here is a larger view from the back. I still need to do the borders, but it's coming along nicely!
After pin-basting it all, I used the walking foot to lay down the grid with stitch-in-the-ditch. After that, I knew things would be relatively stable to do the swirls on the diagonals. Now to figure out what to put on the borders ...


And finally, some mindless sewing. These simple blocks will eventually be sewn into a stacked coins quilt.


On Sunday, I worked on this bit of chaos, inspired by the fall color ... more on that later.


Here's the whole group of us at The Quilt Retreat at Lake Lucerne Camp. 22 people attended this year. Many of us (but not all) are members of The Lakeside Quilt Guild in Oshkosh. And I'm not the youngest anymore!


This little critter also came to visit. I thought he was kind of pretty with the browns and the stripes.

No comments: