Saturday, February 16, 2013

Beyond Layers Day 86 : Make it Golden

Today, Kim gave us a recipe to "Make It Golden."
I followed Kim's recipe pretty faithfully, including several layers of her texture Kristin.  

Here are my adaptations :  
1) My gradient was sepia instead of black to white.   That's what was loaded and it seemed to work ...
since I wasn't getting the desired effect in the Levels panel.
3)  I also added a frame which is visible on the bottom but not the top.

This week, I also figured out Layer Styles and how use them to get a 3-D effect in text.  I've been growing tired of flat text.  Yahoo!    If you look closely, the text above has some depth to it. 


Here's the original image--not great as it was taken when the sun was at it's peak.  
Too many shadows.  Thank goodness for digital photo editing software!
This is the Madonna and Child in the Healing Garden at Mercy Medical Center in Oshkosh, WI.


beyondlayers

1 comment:

Lace Age Girl said...

Your processing has really transformed this picture - lovely work!