Monday, September 02, 2019

Twirling Stars Table Runner Finished

Twirling Stars Table Runner.

Another UFO (unfinished object) finished!

This one is from Quilt Camp a few years ago.   We were told to bring quilting fabric in coordinating colors, so we could use the new tool in our kits that year.  I worked up the top, but never quite got around to finishing it until now.


I added the extra lavender border, because the pattern as it was given ended too close to the swirling tips of the star points.   I think that was the key to getting it done.

It took me a while to work out a quilting plan, too.    Simple diagonals for the squares, and some spiral swirls for the stars.  Not rocket science, but it works!

For my own reference:

 
I'll be giving the ruler and pattern away at Quilt Camp in October, in case anyone is intersted.

On to the next UFO ...

3 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

A new star pattern for me. I heartily approve of the quilt design you came up with.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful?? Was it difficult to do?
--Joann Drake

Michele Matucheski said...

Sheila--
I'd be willing to send you the special ruler and instructions used to make that star.
I've decided I'll never make it again, so why keep it around.

Let me know if you're interested. Otherwise, I was going to give it away at Quilt Camp in October.
Michele