Saturday, January 30, 2021

Farmer's Wife Blocks 22 Corn & Beans - 80 Single Wedding Star - 98 Waterwheel


Block 22 - Corn & Beans
 
No paper-piecing this week!  Hurray!  
With this block, I finally learned how to make those no-waste flying geese blocks.  I'd seen those tutorials before, but it just never made sense to me.  Turns out I was missing the part where you add the 2nd side of the sky.  Now it makes a lit more sense. 
 
In my planning, I wanted to make the inner-most green triangles purple.  But where the tutorial had us start, I thought I was working on the rows of double green triangles.  Once I had that inner quad done, I didn't want to go back and re-work with the purple triangles.  This is good enough for me! 

 Block 80 - Single Wedding Star 

Nothing much to say about this one, but that I like how it has some motion to it, with the star spinning.     I love that mottled leafy green print, too.  And this was the last of the purple.  


 Block 98 - Waterwheel

 If I were to do this one over, I think I'd have chosen a lighter blue for those corner blocks.

By my calculations, I think I have about 60 blocks now.  That's about halfway to the 111 total needed. 

 

Tutorials from Handmade Karma for Week 20.

See Handmade Karma's full set of Farmer's Wife blocks and tutorials.

 

No comments: