Sunday, January 24, 2021

Farmer's Wife Blocks 28 Duck & Ducklings - 40 Friendship - 64 Peace & Plenty

 
 

Block 64 - Peace & Plenty 

 This was the last one done today.  No paper piecing-- so there's a triumph!

The new thing this lesson was a tutorial for a dog-eared (3-piece) triangle.  It was a little tricky measuring 11/16 squares.  Eventually, I figured out it was just past the 5/8 mark on my rulers.  

Using up some of my favorite green and blue batiks.




Block 28 - Duck & Ducklings

I don't really have anything to say about this one, except that I love the batiks involved. ;-)

 


Block 40 - Friendship Block

This one came out a little too small.  I trimmed off some bits that I should have left.  It was tricky ding the math to get the right sized squares.  My old brain is a little rusty with fractions, but eventually I figured out that 11/16 is just a little past 5/8.

I think this one might be a candidate for the re-do pile.  With a different center focus and possibly blue or green accent triangles.


Tutorials from Handmade Karma for Week 19.

See Handmade Karma's full set of Farmer's Wife blocks and tutorials.

1 comment:

The Idaho Beauty said...

I think I'd agree on that Friendship block needing a different fabric for the center. It may not look out of place as you view all the blocks so far, but my eye immediately thought, wait, this doesn't really go with your palette so far.

Math was always difficult for me, fractions and ratios in particular. I find myself doing what you did, working out the actual fraction and then realizing which direction it is from a fraction I know and can work with - lol