Sunday, January 17, 2021

Farmer's Wife Blocks - 8 Bouquet - 23 Country Farm - 24 Country Path

 Block 8 - Bouquet

All the blocks this week were paper-pieced.  And  for the most part, it actually went well.  Only a minimum of ripping  our stitches and do-overs. It seems like the Handmade Karma duo might have been getting tired of the project at this point too?  We're almost half-way through.  I say that because some of the paper-piecing templates were missing the seam allowances. 


Block 23 - Country Farm

 Nothing to say about this one.  The green in the photos looks a little funky.

Trust me: It looks better in real life.

3 different greens this week.  6 different blues and 2 creams.

 


 Block 24 - Country Path

 The blocks this week took more than 4 hours to complete.  Yikes!  I know: I'm thinking it too.  Why in the world did I embark on this project if it takes up so much time every week?  Well-- That may be exactly why I took it on.  The pandemic continues so our options for concerts or going places is still pretty limited.  Meanwhile, I have "free" time to fill, and something like this makes me feel productive.  In the end, I'll have a quilt to show for it!

Tutorials from Handmade Karma for Week 18.

See Handmade Karma's full set of Farmer's Wife blocks and tutorials.

 

No comments: