Monday, January 25, 2021

Heart of Winter Quilt Top


Heart of Winter Quilt Top

Finished this quilt top over the weekend.  It was a kit at Going to Pieces Quilt Shop in Appleton last September I couldn't resist the chickadees, and the metallic fabrics.

 

 

Heart of Winter - detail 

I was thinking about also adding a red cardinal, as that is also an abiding sign of winter in Wisconsin.  I even found some bird fabric that included cardinals and other birds in spring.  But as I thought about it, I decided that I did not need to add an actual bird.  It would be enough to add a pop of color in this otherwise while, silver, gold and gray quilt.  So there it is ...  a single square simulating a cardinal in winter.

After my mom died last summer, someone at work gave me a meme about the sight of a cardinal being the spirit of the dearly departed. Yeah ok--I'll go along with that. 

 


The pattern is Eloquent by Jenice Belling.    The Quilt Shop made a few small changes, and I added the red square.

I bought a batt and backing fabric this weekend, so hopefully, I will have it done and ready to hang before winter is over!  Yes--destined to be a wall hanging.  I still need a plan as to WHAT to quilt on it. 

No comments: