Thursday, June 05, 2014

Texture Tuesday : Nature and The Bee-loud Glade at Innisfree



One of my all-time favorite poems, by one of my all-time favorite poets.  Yeats is an old friend to me.
The Texture Tuesday theme this week is Nature.  I took this photo with my brand new "big-girl" camera on a nature walk last fall.  It really does a nice job--which makes me wonder why I don't go out more often ...

I knew I wanted to use the photo of this bee working a thistle.  And as I thought about it, Yeat's  bee-loud glade at Innisfree kept coming into my mind.

Enjoy your trip to :

The Lake Isle of Innisfree

By William Butler Yeats
I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree,

And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made;

Nine bean-rows will I have there, a hive for the honey-bee,

And live alone in the bee-loud glade.


And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow,

Dropping from the veils of the morning to where the cricket sings;

There midnight’s all a glimmer, and noon a purple glow,

And evening full of the linnet’s wings.


I will arise and go now, for always night and day

I hear lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore;

While I stand on the roadway, or on the pavements grey,

I hear it in the deep heart’s core.


Source: The Collected Poems of W. B. Yeats (1989)

********************************************
Here's the recipe for the image above:
Layer 1 : Background image
Layer 2 : KK-1402magic Texture ; Soft light - 33% opacity (slightly smaller than the image to create a frame)
Layer 3 : Copy Layer 2 ; Screen at 26%
Layer 4 : KK waterfront 7 Magic ; Screen 26%
Layer 5 : Brush Banners ; Multiply 47%
Layer 6  : Text Aquiline Two Font ; Normal 71%

Check out what everyone else posted for this week's TT.


“Texture

No comments: