Saturday, October 03, 2020

Farmer's Wife - Blocks 30 End of the Day and 39 Friendship

 

Farmer's Wife Block 30 - End of the Day

Tutorials from Handmade Karma for Week 2.   See Handmade Karma's full set of Farmer's Wife blocks and tutorials.

The paper piecing is going better these days.  Only 2 bits that I had to fill in because I misjudged the piece to cut for it.     Using the sky blue fossil fern along with the dark blue Stonehenge and a white-on-white filler fabric.  I really love this combination, but I don't think I have enough to do the whole quilt with this combination. 

 

Farmer's Wife Block 39 - Friendship 

 Used up some scrappy blues along with the white-on-white filler fabric.

 

My Singer Featherweight, circa 1941.

I was waiting for a delivery this afternoon, so I set up my little Singer Featherweight in the dining room, so I could see the front door.   It's still a dream to sew on!  I'm so happy I got one in excellent condition.  Come to think of it, my Featherweight was minted in 1941 (You can tell when and where it was made by researching the serial number), just a little after the era of The Farmer's Wife.  

1 comment:

The Idaho Beauty said...

How lovely to have that featherweight to use on this project and be able to set it up for delivery watch. I was introduced to featherweights back when I was in J,H. when the pastor's wife gathered together a few of us girls to make some simple stuffed animals, working on the kitchen table at the parsonage. Compared to the machine I used at home, this looked like a toy. She let me do the sewing on her featherweight since I had experience. I loved it! What sweet little machines, and I suppose it's a wonder that I've never picked one up for myself. Well, there's still time, isn't there? :-)