Sunday, October 11, 2020

Plans for the Brilliant Blues Quilt

 Sneak Peak of the Brilliant Blues first blocks.

The metallic bits are not showing up in the photo.   Believe me-- It's prettier than it appears here.


Blue Brilliance Jelly Roll from Benartex.

When I opened it up, there were almost too many strips the same, and I had to add a few more blues to get enough variety with darks and lights.

 

First Snowfall by Hoffman.  It's subtle with just a little metallic.  

It made the blues pop nicely.  It reminds me of my Grappa and Gramma's 25th wedding anniversary when I was a kid. They had a lot of silver for their theme.


On my trek to Appleton a few weeks ago, we also stopped at The Courtney Woolen Mill to pick up a wool batt. The quilts we love tend to be the big fat comforter types that are tied, not quilted.  We pile them on the bed in winter--the wool batts.  I think this one will be a nice winter quilt -- with a little bling to brighten the darker days.  

 Still need to pick something for the borders and binding, but that can come later.

Phoebe's Flower Box Quilting Tutorial

by Jenny Doan at Missouri Star Quilting Company.

I think this is the same basic pattern for Fuzzy Logic (from Strip Therapy) or the same pattern I used for the Copper Canyon/Autumn Copper Batik and Stained Glass Quilts. It's a very satisfying quilt

No comments: