Saturday, March 20, 2021

Farmers Wife Blocks - 54 Kitchen Woodbox - 60 Noon & Light - 66 Periwinkle

Block 54 - Kitchen Woodbox  

I am very pleased with this block because I got to use up some of the last bits of one of my favorite fabrics -- Let's call it Firefly.  ;-)

This block was entirely paper pieced, but not frustrating.  The sequence is laid out, and you just follow it.  Sort of like an economy block.  It was an easy one to do in the evenings after work. 

Block 66 - Periwinkle  

I like this block, too.  Nice and simple.  It came together remarkably quick.  Paper-pieced, but not a headache.  Maybe I've finally figured out how to do that technique after all this time!


 Block 60 - Noon & Light 

Another paper-pieced block this week.  I went back and forth on making the star points purple or orange, and in the end, I split the difference.    Still trying to add a touch of orange to the blocks to make those maple leafs NOT look so out of place in the overall quilt.

I must be 3 weeks ahead of the weekly schedule now?  The end is in sight.  Though every time I count up the blocks that are left, it seems like I still have 30 blocks to go!

Tutorials from Handmade Karma for Week 30

See Handmade Karma's full set of Farmer's Wife blocks and tutorials.

 

No comments: