Thursday, March 18, 2021

Farmer's Wife Blocks - 88 Star of Hope - 102 Whirlpool - 103 Whirlwind

 

  Block 102 - Whirlpool

Not a bad week for Farmer's Wife Blocks!  I am still working ahead in the evenings after work.   This one was entirely half-square triangles.  The hardest part was picking the fabrics and the color combinations.  It's very similar to one (or two?) i did earlier int he project--but the color arrangement was different. 

 

  Block 88 - Star of Hope 

Again the hardest part of this one was picking what color to make the teeth, or the points of the star.  I was thinking about a golden yellow (probably my least favorite color anywhere), but decided against that.  Instead I went with blue, green and purple to reflect the focus fabric.  My usual palette.  That worked out very well!

This is another one of those blocky awkward blocks.  My nickname for it is: Chunky Monkey.



 Block 103 - Whirlwind 

To me this one looks more like one of those throwing stars.  Dangerous.  Or a circular saw.  I guess they both have a kind of whirlwind action.   The directional fabric for the tines gives it a little more motion.

 

Tutorials from Handmade Karma for Week 29 

See Handmade Karma's full set of Farmer's Wife blocks and tutorials.

 

No comments: