Sunday, November 18, 2012

Beyond Layers Day 55 : Trust Yourself


Kim's lesson today asked us to TRUST ourselves, to think about what holds us back, and what feels good.  I've been saving this Joseph Campbell quote and these gutter flowers for a rainy day.  I guess this is as good a time as ever to put them together in one image!

Photo Processing :
Layer 1 : Background Image
Layer 2 : Copy Background Image - Slightly offset
Layer 3 : Gausian Blur (2.0 pixels)
Layer 3 : Gausian Blur (8.0 pixels) with Layer Mask to clear flowers ; Normal blend mode 85%
Layer 4 : Kim Klassen's Wonderful Magic Scripted Texture ; Soft Light at 36%
Layer 5 : Text -  Caflish Script Pro; Normal blend mode 69% opacity

The quote is one of my favorites from Joseph Campbell.  This one always makes me sit up straight and  stop feeling sorry for myself.  Then I realize there is no one else quite like me in this world, and that I'd better make the most of it.

I took this photo a few years ago on a trip to France.  The cherry blossoms had just fallen to the dark pavement that Spring.  These are quite literally "gutter flowers."  I like that irony--even a gutter flower has value.  I loved the pink and black and gray in this image.

beyondlayers

No comments: