Saturday, December 18, 2021

Feeling Festive: Winter Hats and Beanies

Acrylic Knit Hat - Purple - White - Gray

I've been wearing this one. It fits well and keeps me warm.
I added a gray topper to balance it out. That easy to add, by looping it around a button inside the hat.

I've been "going-to-town" with the larger 48-needle knitting loom to make winter hats. 

Although I did some wool hats, the acrylic seems to feed through the knitting mill a little better.

More Knit Hats

I think the red-and-black might be leftover wool ease that I'd used to tie a quilt.

The charcoal and confetti is an acrylic yarn that knitted up beautifully and makes for acosy warm hat.  It should be softer after it's washed.

The purple hat uses a Lion brand Soft & Sleek yarn along with the black sparkle from Yarn Bee.  The purple part is looser, and benefits from the brim which gives it more body and structure. 

These all use Yarn Bee Soft Secret yarn (acrylic).  It feels good in the store, and knits well in that it goes through the machine smoothly.  But it makes kind of a floppy, looser hat.  These came out longer than the earlier ones, so they flop down a bit on the wearer.  The brims are a bit too loose -- I'm wondering how these will wear?  Are they too loose to keep people warm?  We shall see!

I am starting to give them away, so I had to take pictures before they disappear.

No comments: