Monday, December 27, 2021

Great Finds at StV


Happy Holidays from Michele at Sweet Leaf Notebook! 

A Very Merry Vinnie's Christmas!

If I have a day off, I take a stroll through the local St Vincent de Paul's to see what treasures may be on offer there ...  This week, I found several worthy items!

  

This boiled wool snowflake vest is cozy and warm.  For only $6!  Perfect for an old lady like me!   Wool is getting harder and harder to come by, but not impossible.  And no one in the checkout line made any comments about ugly sweaters either.  I am considering dying it a darker purple or blue ...  We shall see.

I picked up this scarf because it was woven and wool and I liked the gradient colors.  Mostly I wanted to study it from a craft standpoint.   


 

Only later did I notice the tags saying it was an authentic Versace.  The wool is very soft. It's nice and warm, and has bumped the cashmere scarf I've been wearing from Scotland for the last 15 years!  I paid a whole $1.50 for it.  Who-hooh!

One one side of it, there is an image of the Versace Lady woven into it.  Very subtle. 


And this little gem -- a vintage whisk.  I have to laugh a little at Nigella (It just isn't Christmas without Nigella!) Lawson never leaving home with out her special egg whisk.  It's not quite the same, but it makes me happy.   Now I have one of my own too!

Mechanical hand mixer.

A few weeks ago, I found this beauty: One of those mechanical egg beaters, just like the one my Gramma Matucheski had when I was a kid.  This one is in really good shape -- no rust, and it's in perfect working order.  I even made egg nog with it-- Gramma's recipe no less!  Froths the milk like a champ.  Best stocking stuffer ever!  By the way, that mug is reminiscent of Gramma Matucheski's house back in the day, too.

1 comment:

The Idaho Beauty said...

This makes me want to shop with you! What a good eye, especially the scarf which was the steal of the day. I've bought things before for that same reason of thinking they would help me figure out how to do something similar myself. I've even bought batiks for that reason! Happy New Year!