Tuesday, December 07, 2021

Holly's Quilts: 3 for Christmas


  These are the 3 Christmas Quilts I hung up for my dad when I was there in November.

I am continuing to showcase a few of my mom's quilts, now that she's gone.

I always liked this one, but somehow I always thought it was a white golden retriever puppy, not a Polar bear.

    

Detail of the Christmas lights, showing the extra stitching.

I even found the pattern, in case you want to make one for yourself!
I know she made this one, because she put her signature Holly fabric on the back.



 

This is The Winter Solstice Quilt, pattern by McKenna Ryan.

I've shown this one previously on the blog, because I made my own version and I showed them side-by-side.  Even though it's the same pattern, different quilters will give it their own touch.   

Dad really likes this one.  I do too.  ;-)  It's the kind of thing you can look at for hours and find new things every year.   

 

 

Detail of the little cabin in the woods.

My friend Karla was missing her homestead cabin from years ago, so I sent her this photo.  

 

Here are the cardinals from that same block.  My mom did a really nice job on them. 

If you want to see the rest of the blocks in detail, along with my version, visit:

Winter Solstice : A Comparative Quilt Study

 

 

Finally the Evergreens, since my Dad has a Christmas Tree Farm.

Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Huh. I thought that was a dog too. Time I got my one Christmassy quilt out, one I use as a topper over the big chest in the livingroom. As I was looking at the fall wallhangings that are out right now, I was trying to think if I had any Christmas or even winter ones suitable to put on the wall. I don't think I do. Should remedy that . . .

Michele Matucheski said...

Sheila: I think my mom added a floofy golden retriever tail to that bear. She turned it into a dog!