Saturday, December 11, 2021

New Project Proposed for My 4-Shaft Floor Loom

 In the Buff Towel Kit

I've been looking at this towel kit for a few years now, but last year at this time, I set up 2 more of the overshot scarves. Those are nearing completion, and I wanted to have another project ready to go before I cut them off the loom.  Nothing so sad as an empty loom!

Lunatic Fringe sells another towel kits as well (among others):



Sumptuous Color Spa Towel Kit

The Fiesty Knitter (who also weaves) wrote a blog post about this same In the Buff towels kit, and I'm glad I stumbled across it!   I understand that cotton towels are not going to be the same as regular, plushy towels.  But I'm still not clear what that difference is, or whether or not I'll like it.  The thing that convinced me was this:  She posted a pic of what it looked like on the loom (flat and kinda ugly), but then she showed a comparison pic of how it looked after it was washed.  It looks like they fluff up beautifully!  And it's a nice circular 3D pattern: One I can do with 4 shafts.   She also had a pic of one where she used a blue weft, and that looked nice too.

The Fiesty Knitter looks like a very interesting maker.  I'll have to spend more time exploring her blog!

Not sure when these kits will be delivered.  I am hoping I'll be able to work on warping the loom for this new project the week after Christmas.  We shall see!  It will require some minor recalculations as the kit and pattern as written requires a 36-in weaving width.  I only have 34 inches to work with.  I'll have to see if I have enough heddles too!

No comments: