Saturday, December 04, 2021

Sugar Plum Quilt Top is Complete!

The Sugar Plum Quilt Top is complete!
The pattern is my usual go to  Fuzzy Logic pattern from Strip Therapy,
made with a jelly roll of coordinating 2-1/2 inch strips.  
(Same as the Blue Starlight Quilts.) It's such a satisfying pattern!

 This jelly roll is Snow Berry from Island Batiks.

The bruised border is a batik from my mom's stash.
 

This is a better representation of the colors than the top photo.

I started this one sometime last year.  It reminds me of the week between Christmas and the New Year, with colors that are bruised ...  Like leftovers after Christmas with just a touch of icing. Dirty snow -- not enough to make it look sparkly and pretty yet. But there's that narrow border of shiny white icing, clean and new ...  That strip is leftover from the Starlight Quilts.

It also reminds me of that time when Harry Potter stayed at Hogwarts through the semester break.   In fact, I think I was listening to The Harry Potter as Sacred Text Podcast at that point last year when I was stitching up the blocks.   It comes complete with a Patronus!

 

 Winter snowflakes and falling snow.  

The gray sashing helped to make the snow berry batiks pop.

 

Some Christmas ornaments.   More snow.  More snowflakes.

There's one spot towards the bottom that is all gray.  Somehow I was short 1 block, and had to fill in with the gray.  I had already given up the the leftovers -- I know better than that, but there it is.  A mistake like that tells it's own story, and it's not the end of the world. ;-)

No comments: